Mark is living and working in Richmond, and our tradition has been that I go out to his place on Thursday evenings after spending the day at A Rocha (since I'm already in South Surrey at that point, only about 1/2 an hour away). His apartment is in Steveston, right on the ocean, and we had already decided that as soon as it stayed light long enough and wasn't raining, we would go for a walk before dinner. Well, Thursday Feb 15 rolled around, and although the started out looking wet and gloomy, it had cleared up by the time we were both done with work. So, we went for a walk along the dyke and enjoyed the signs of spring (crocuses were just starting to come out then), and then decided to stop and curl up on one of the benches to watch the sun set over the water. It was at this point that the ring appeared, and the rest is history! :) As the stars were beginning to appear, we headed inside where Mark cooked me a wonderful dinner. Then we called some family and friends to let them know, and heading to DQ for a celebration treat. All in all, it was a pretty perfect evening.




2 comments:
can't wait to come out and celebrate with you and mark on your big day. so honoured to be part of it. love you.
Congrats, Steph,
As good as you were feeling to make the post you did on the 8th of Feb....you must have been flying high on the 15th. Enjoy the planning.
...from a choir song I'm singing...
"I dont know the future or all that's in store...
But I'll take one step, one step and follow my Lord"
...Hand in hand with Mark...who could ask for more
Marinus
Post a Comment