Thursday, March 01, 2007

spring?

This is the view from my balcony which greeted me this morning.


We've had such an odd winter, with more snow flurries than we've had in a long time. I love the quiet beauty the snow brings, yet I hate the anxiety it brings when it comes to driving in it. I will readily admit that living in the Lower Mainland for 15 years of my life has prevented me from becoming comfortable driving in the white stuff. Part of this anxiety comes from my lack of experience; the other part comes from sharing the road with others who have no experience, yet seem to think they can drive as they always do. Just because it's icy doesn't mean we need to slow down or leave more space between our cars, right?

Sigh.

It's almost time for me to attempt the drive out to South Surrey once again, now that the sun has been out and less cars (and loaded semi trucks that can't make it up the hills) are on the road. My anxiety turned me back earlier this morning. Perhaps one day I will be comfortable on the roads. Until then, I will continue to enjoy the beauty it brings from through the window or on the sidewalk. :)

2 comments:

Tee said...

Hey Steph, I heard throught the Koole grape-vine that you're engaged to be married. CONGRATULATIONS!!! (this is tamar by the way:)

jocelyn said...

the tree looks so beautiful in your pic. i completely understand and share your anxiety with sharing the road with the obliviously inexperienced. i am grateful that my new job is only a 10 minute drive rather than the 40 min drive it was before christmas.