When people heard that I had decided to take a course while working full-time and planning a wedding, they considered me insane.
I, on the other hand, have been greatly enjoying it.
I have delved into the unknown world of computer programming through Visual Basic 2005. I'm sure this makes many of you non-techies groan and will result in glazed-over eyes in a few, but I have actually found it quite interesting. It's a course that is offered completely online so I can work on the readings and assignments whenever I want, but he has weekly assignments which helps to keep me motivated and gives me just the right amount of stress and pressure.
Here is a taste of one of my latest programs:
If Inside(dblMinX, dblMinY, dblMaxX, dblMaxY, dblPointX, dblPointY) Then
lstResults.Items.Add("(" & CStr(dblPointX) & ", " & CStr(dblPointY) & ") _
is inside.")
ElseIf OnBoundary(dblMinX, dblMinY, dblMaxX, dblMaxY, dblPointX, _
dblPointY) Then
lstResults.Items.Add("(" & CStr(dblPointX) & ", " & CStr(dblPointY) & ") _
is on the boundary.")
ElseIf Inside(dblMinX - dblNear, dblMinY - dblNear, dblMaxX + dblNear, _
dblMaxY + dblNear, dblPointX, dblPointY) Then
lstResults.Items.Add("(" & CStr(dblPointX) & ", " & CStr(dblPointY) & ") _
is near.")
ElseIf OnBoundary(dblMinX - dblNear, dblMinY - dblNear, dblMaxX + _
dblNear, dblMaxY + dblNear, dblPointX, dblPointY) Then
lstResults.Items.Add("(" & CStr(dblPointX) & ", " & CStr(dblPointY) & ") _
is on the boundary of near.")
Else
lstResults.Items.Add("(" & CStr(dblPointX) & ", " & CStr(dblPointY) & ") _
is outside.")
End If
2 comments:
groaning and glazed over expressions is an understatement steph. i can only imagine the sneaky smile on your face as your wrote the last half of your post.
what does that say? Seriously, my contacts get all fuzzy when I try to read it. :)
Post a Comment