So, apparently I should aim for posting once a month and then perhaps I will succeed! January flew by and I felt like I hardly had time to breathe!
I'm into my final semester at school, and that translates into one thing: busy.
I have two classes, on Monday and Tuesday, which means I travel to BCIT. Then, on Wednesday and Friday, I travel to the Surrey office of Ducks Unlimited, where I am completing a practicum as required by BCIT. That leaves Thursdays for my trek to South Surrey and the A Rocha office. At least it's a set schedule and I simply need to remember which day of the week it is and make sure I get on the right bus and head in the right direction. :)
I said goodbye to my job with Chapters at the end of December because I knew having two jobs, a practicum, and two courses would be crazy...but despite this thinking, I just agreed to return for 12 hours a week for the month of February. They called me the other week, and apparently they've lost a number of employees recently and need some help. So, being me, I couldn't say no and have now extended my week to include one evening and 8 hours Saturdays at Chapters. But, I only agreed to do this for February so hopefully I can keep it all together for four weeks! No, I really don't mind the work and the management has been great so it will be nice to help them out and make some cash while I'm at it.
Aside from being busying Monday-Friday, what have I been up to in January? Well, we spent a weekend in Victoria with my parents and R & H for our Christmas and New Years all in one - and we even managed to celebrate both in one day! We had Olie bolen on Saturday for 'dinner' and stayed up past midnight playing various games. We also went for several walks to see their neighbourhood and to visit the harbour. Not that we could see much because of the fog, but it was a great visit, and it's been a long while since we've had all 6 of us together for a whole weekend straight!
The following weekend, Mark and I made a trip up to West Van for an AMAZING Canadian Brass concert. Mark has always loved them and when I found out they were in town I got tickets for him for Christmas. I had never listened to them live before, but I have to say it was the best concert I've ever been to!! These guys are such great entertainers. They had us laughing many times as they moved around the theatre and cracked jokes and yes, performed an opera with costumes and everything. And can they ever play!! I was kicking myself for not bringing my camera because they welcomed pictures and I probably could have gotten a few good ones - but who would have thought to bring a camera to a classical music concert?
And the next weekend we hosted my parents for the Sunday afternoon and evening as it was their last weekend before heading back to GR for the final semester. We enjoyed the sunshine with a walk at Iona and then chilled at home with summer and some cups of tea. It was good to get the chance to host them after they had to put up with us constantly crashing at their place when we visited Abby.
You know, when I write it all out like this, I can see why I didn't get a chance to post here. It's been quite busy, but it was a good month once we settled into a routine. Check out the new links under the Photo Albums on the right for some pics of the last few months.
Hopefully February will treat us well too.
No comments:
Post a Comment