Here's a few shots I took this afternoon at my "house in the woods" and the neighbourhood (which will soon no longer be my home, but that's for another post). We had a number of trees fall, one narrowly missing the house. [just click on any of the photos if you want to see a bigger version]
This is what greeted me when I first entered our driveway. This sheet metal came from a neighbour, who had replaced the roof on his barn. These are the old pieces, which I guess he had left laying out and the wind decided to play with.

A few other trees down in our yard. It's hard to see the tree in the second one, but you can see the stump on the right, and the patch of ivy that stretches between the other two trees is actually the tree which used to be connected to the stump.

The first of these two shots was taken out of my bedroom window. It used to be a beautiful clump of maple trees, but as you can see, one is no longer. The neat stacks of cut wood was likely the work of our landlord's family, as they set about clearing the mess.

This is another shot of that same tree, this time from the driveway. The second floor blue shutter is my bedroom window. The giant trunk of this tree dropped feet away from the house, and I understand that there was actually a branch resting on the roof which was removed before I took these shots. The second shot is one of a new house that is just being built down the road from our place. As you can see, there are a few freshly fallen trees now in their front yard! Crazy - especially when you think that they haven't even moved in yet!
No comments:
Post a Comment