Sunday, January 07, 2007

Christmas - Pacific Rim style

Finally, almost a month after the actual event, I have some time to post about the best weekend I have had in a long time. This year, since my parents were going to be gone to Winnipeg over Christmas visiting my brother and sister-in-law, they decided to treat Mark and I to a weekend at Long Beach, in the Pacific Rim National Park Reserve on the west coast of Vancouver Island!! We went from Dec 15-17, and almost couldn't go because one of the wind storms hit the coast the day before and knocked out power everywhere. But thankfully we decided to brave the weather, and the resort had power back by the time we got there. We stayed at Pacific Sands Beach Resort, where we had stayed as a family about 10 years ago - I absolutely love this place and would recommend it to anyone. It's not as pricy as some of the other places in the area, plus its family-owned and operated and environmentally conscious. They treat you well, and every single unit has a view of the ocean - another reason I love coming here. But, enough advertising. Time for some pictures!

This is the building we stayed in. Our unit was along the left side.


And this was our view from inside - and yes, that is snow! We were treated to some fresh white stuff on Saturday morning.

There was a small point which we clambered out to every day, a few times a day, to view the waves, which were absolutely incredible! Actually, we didn't really clamber as they had built a boardwalk to protect the area and keep people on the trail, but we did slip-slide our way out on Saturday morning because everything was frozen. On the point, there were a couple benches, which looked very inviting for curling up on for hours of wave-watching if it had been slightly warmer. :)


Although I could sit here all night posting pictures, because it's so hard to choose, I think I will just leave you with a few of my favourites and invite you to visit my Photo Albums (link to the right) if you want to see more.

No comments: