Then from the 27th to the 1st, we spent more time with my parents - as well as a low-key evening on Christmas Day. The first few days included some much-needed quiet time where we got a lot of reading in, tackled the giant Christmas crossword that came in the paper, and built a few puzzles. Reuben and Heidi came down on the 29th and stayed until the 3rd. We played several games, including Blokus, Ticket to Ride, Cities & Knights, and Empire Builder, and built another puzzle. The 30th we had our "Christmas Day" meal and then on the 31st was oliebolen before Mark and I headed to join some friends for a New Year's celebration complete with a fondu, a few games, and a movie. Mark headed back to Richmond on the 1st since the poor guy had to return to work on the 2nd. I stayed in Abby and on the 2nd, the rest of us all travelled to the Fort Langley Winery and then drove into Vancouver and walked around False Creek to see some of the preparations for the Olympics. We then headed down to Richmond, showed everyone our apartment and met Mark for dinner before Mom and Dad and Reuben and Heidi headed back to Abby.
I have discovered that as much as I love taking pictures of nature, I don't tend to take out the camera for people shots...sadly, this means that I didn't get too many pictures from this Christmas. Here's a couple from R&H's camera, and then a few I took at False Creek:



The photo below shows the site where the Athlete's Village will stand. They currently have 12 cranes onsite for all the building - we only saw foundations for some of the buildings up, so they've got quite a ways to go and only 2 years left to do it! It'll be interested to watch the progress.
No comments:
Post a Comment