So, as you can see my week at home before the Christmas holidays didn't result in much action on here. However, I did get a good chunk of my other 'to-do' items scratched off my list. And yesterday afternoon I pulled out my first puzzle of the season. It feels so good to be able to focus and get a few key things done around the house and then have some time to completely relax without having school assignments still sitting in the back of your mind.
This week I also tried to go for a walk every day, which felt so good. Usually it was tied to some errands I wanted to accomplish, but I have to say I'm really enjoying living where most of what I need is within a 15 minute walk - it means I feel less tied to the car and less trapped when Mark's gone to work and I'm at home.
Because of how work went this week, Mark ended up taking today off so we could start our Christmas break a little sooner. It's been so good to be able to relax around the house, sometimes doing something together and other times doing our own thing. So different than just having a few hours in the evening after work. Tonight we head 'home' for a week and a half to spend time with family and friends. It'll be different this year as it's our first married Christmas and also the first Christmas we're both totally on our own and no longer living in Abby - it means we have to do a little more packing and planning since we won't have easy access to anything we leave behind. But, I'm sure 'twill be a great holiday! :)
I wish you all a wonderful and blessed Christmas, and a Happy New Year! I likely won't be back on here until January, when I'll have some stories and pictures to share. I love you all, and miss those of you I won't be able to see this holiday season.
No comments:
Post a Comment