Last Thursday night we were in Lynden at a wedding rehearsal, and then Friday was the big wedding day for one of Mark's sisters. It was a beautiful (but very warm) day and everyone enjoyed the day. I've posted a few pictures I took throughout the day, and you can view them by clicking on "Zach & Laura" photo album.
Saturday we spent some much-needed relax time at home with just the two of us, and then trekked off to Mark's playoff hockey game (For those who don't know, Mark joined a local hockey league this spring and he has been greatly enjoying playing organized hockey for the first time ever. They're into the playoffs, and have now made it to the quarter finals). Saturday's game was quite the event, as the other team went ahead by one goal late in the third period and Mark's team managed to tie it up with about 15 seconds left. They went into a 5-minute period of overtime, and with less than 1 second left, Mark's team scored to win the game! A pretty exciting finish, I'd say. :)
We finished off Saturday by watching the sixth Harry Potter film in theatres (after standing in a line for an hour because we forgot that it was the first weekend it was out and couldn't get good seats at the showing we were aiming for - shows how much we go to the movies, eh?). Such a good movie. If you haven't seen any of them, or read the books, I highly recommend them.
Then Sunday, it was off to explore the Capilano Suspension Bridge. We've never been there, and decided to go since they have a special membership deal on for the Olympics. It was a beautiful area, and a perfect outing for a warm day because you spend the entire time in the shade of the forest; however, I'm not sure I'd go there too often because it's super-expensive. I've added some photos from this trip to the Spring & Summer 2009 photo album if you're curious.
Monday and Tuesday were business as usual, but last night we went to the first night of the Celebration of Light fireworks in Vancouver. Canada was running the show and did their display to music from the Wizard of Oz - it was really well done, and we're looking forward to seeing what South Africa has planned on Saturday night. I haven't uploaded any pictures from this yet, but I'm sure I will in a few days. Until then, here a just a few of my favourites:


No comments:
Post a Comment