So, I've added a link to my Celebration of Light photos as promised earlier. We made it to three of the four nights, but I forgot to bring extra batteries for my camera on the last night (Aug 1) so I didn't get any pictures. We missed one fireworks night because we were in Abbotsford helping our friend pack up her moving truck (we miss you already, Mel!!!) in 38 degree weather - boy, was it hot last week! While I enjoyed the sunshine, it was a bit too hot for my liking. Although, I have to say that the trip to the valley made our home closer to the water all the more appealing because it was a few degrees cooler! :)
The heat didn't help my exercise routine, because it's really hard to make yourself be active when you have sweat dripping off you when you aren't even moving. Instead of going to the gym, I went for a few short runs in the evening when it had cooled off a bit. However, I think the break was good for my body because it felt really good when I went back to exercising this week.
We're heading off for a family camping trip this next week. I think Mark is really looking forward to having some time off. He's taking two weeks, and aside from camping, we're hoping to just have a few days at home to relax. I'm sure I'll be posting pictures when we return. :)
A brief note about my work with A Rocha. All my newsletters have been sent out, and I'm hoping for a few responses. If you arrive here from my newsletter, I'd love to hear from you! I'm also still trying to discern where God wants me to use my GIS skills, so I could use your prayers with that. In the mean time, I've been volunteering in the admin office 2 days a week for the last month; we're starting to iron out set-up details with the new database program and I'm also continuing to input all the contacts from the current database into the new one - quite the task! I've also been working on a mapping project for A Rocha's property in the Pembina Valley of Manitoba.
Since it's getting late, I think I'll post more details on this project after camping, along with some pictures.
Have a good week!
No comments:
Post a Comment