As I have been so gently reminded, an update is long overdue. And I have much to update you on...
Since the beginning of May, I've been living and working in Nanaimo during the week and spending the weekends in Richmond with Mark because I got a summer GIS position with a forestry company based on the Island. As of tomorrow, I'll be halfway through the internship. I cannot believe how quickly time has gone! My days are filled at work, and my evenings have been filled with scrapbooking and sewing. My mom and sister-in-law came out in early May and spent a week helping me kick-start my wedding album - I'm hoping that I'll be able to use this opportunity of having weekday evenings to myself to get a really good start (finish??) on the album.
While May was a month of adjustments for me, June has been a whirlwind of adjustments, stress, and uncertainty for both Mark and I, as he found out at the end of May that his company is closing their Richmond office this summer, forcing him into the joys of job-hunting.
Despite all this, we decided to go through with our planned weekend anniversary getaway to Long Beach (yep, one month early, but it worked best for us and the June rates were cheaper than July :). We put a moratorium on any discussions about work options and our future for most of the weekend and were able to relax, walk the beach, explore the trails, and play some games together. We had such a good time, but it was much too short. I'm going to be a bit of a lazy blogger tonight and not insert any photos here. Instead, just click on the link on the right. I've also posted some photos from a marsh that I discovered here in Nanaimo.
Sunday night, he travelled back home to Richmond and I returned to my basement suite in Nanaimo. Then, after a crazy-busy Monday, Mark flew to New York state to spend a week and a half at his company's head office, to help wrap up some details. I have to say, I haven't really noticed that he's on the other side of the continent - the only thing that changes is that we talk on the phone a little early in the evening. I guess you could say that's one good thing that comes from living apart for 4 months... Since he's gone over this coming weekend, I'm off to spend it with my parents.
I think that about sums it all up for now.
I'll try to do better at this whole blogging thing - feel free to leave more comments if you do visit here, because I do respond to the prodding! :)
1 comment:
Thanks for the update Steph!!! Sorry it took me so long to comment. I'm so happy to hear you are both adjusting despite so many changes in such a short period of time. Wow! It really is inspiring. I am sure Mark will find another job in no time!
Keep the updates coming!!!
Post a Comment